Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from Australia!

Go down 
+6
Deagon/Julien
Xathor
Sir hector
Sir Bear
Guibourg
Beaumains
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Beaumains

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-07-21

Greetings from Australia! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Australia!   Greetings from Australia! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 8:18 am

Hey, what's the camera policy? I imagine lots of people want to take photos, but on the other hand cameras can be pretty immersion-breaking.
Back to top Go down
Sir hector
Knight Captain
Knight Captain
Sir hector

Number of posts : 169
Weapons used : If it does the job I can use it.
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Australia!   Greetings from Australia! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:17 pm

There are no limitations on camera everybody likes having pictures to remember things . The only thing is that you carry your camera at your own risk.
Back to top Go down
Cassandre
Kinfolk
Cassandre

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Australia!   Greetings from Australia! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:15 pm

I will take pictures and Marijane (an other Lion) also. Both of us don't fight so we go on the battlefield and we follow the lions.
Back to top Go down
Cynan
Knight Captain
Knight Captain
Cynan

Number of posts : 387
Weapons used : sword, sheild, spear, polearm
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Australia!   Greetings from Australia! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 6:21 pm

My basic rule of thumb against the average fighter when it comes to amount of force is this:

Try to maximize your speed but do not follow through on your blows. In otherwords, use just enough force to strike as fast as you can. Once you hit, draw back rather than powering into it which also (in theory) allows you to get back into a defensive guard as swiftly as possible.

The main exception is when attacking an unarmored or lightly armored head, I try to swing lighter because people tend to be more sensitive on the head. Also on the off chance if I do hit his face by accident I won't hit hard. So in that case significantly lighter than maximum speed.

As Hector says if people are not complaining you should be okay, we Quebecers tend to not have any trouble expressing ourselves. if people think you are hitting too hard they will likely tell you directly before long. If you guys want ee can do some practice bouts to get you calibrated before we send you into the main melee.
Back to top Go down
Beaumains

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Australia!   Greetings from Australia! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:05 am

Yes, please! Some training for calibration would be invaluable, I suspect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Australia!   Greetings from Australia! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Australia!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Guard's gate-
Jump to: