View user profile
Xathor
Squire
Squire

Number of posts : 515
Weapons used : My sword, my shiel and my heart
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:10 am

- Good try Mister of du franc sourire. Cela aurait pu marché ... .Pensez vous que si nous essayons de couper un objet avec l'épée, cette objet va également disparaitre avec elle dans le miroir ?

- Toi, pointant du doigt un jeune page, va cherché Sir Cynan, dit lui que le black baron aimerait lui parlé.

- Et toi Alphonse (un autre serviteur), sais-tu si Illiaca est loin d'ici? J,aurais besoin d'information qui se trouve dans leur archive.

Écuyer de dame Marylune
Général des Acolytes de la Sainte-Inquisition
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cassandre
Kinfolk

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:27 am

Cassandre a eu une autre idée suite aux découvertes faites précédemment. Elle demanda à Xathor s'il serait possible que la lame froide et absorbant la lumière puisse être mise dans un feu...pour voir la réaction de la lame...

View user profile
Sir Bear
Knight
Knight

Number of posts : 374
Weapons used : Things that kill other things
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:45 pm

"I don't know Sir Darius.... It seems to be a structure of mystical origins, for what man, what group of men, could have brought these huge stones together?" Studying the stone henge for a moment Bear then surmised "These stones are not native to this area, they have been transported here, probably over a long distance. What do you make of this Sir Guibourg?"

When the enemy becomes rideable, there are various opportunities for winning. You must
concentrate on this. When fighting and the enemy's body becomes as if rideable, you can
win quickly, so you ought not to forget to stab at the face. - Miyamoto Musashi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knock knock

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2014-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:38 pm

the servant answered : " illiaca is several days ride from here my lord. it is the capital of arganne"

disapointed xathor keeped on going with his experiment. he took an apple and cut it using the sword he then placed them both in front of the mirror. the blade disapeared but nothing was different with the apple both the apple and it s reflection was the same.

cassandre then took the sword and brought it to the room fireplace where a fire was going. she put the sword in the fire. the reaction was very fast. first the light and the heat from the fire faded then violently the blade exploded.

cassandre was thrown across the room. she landed on her rump still clutching the broken hilt of the sword.

"ouch!!!" she exclaimed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xathor
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:58 pm

- Oh my god, are you okey Cassandre !!!

- MEDIIIIIIIIIIC ( a la starship trooper style Razz)

Écuyer de dame Marylune
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knock knock

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:10 pm

cassandre said while rubbing her rump :" i think i ll be fine but i ll feel sore for a while."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cassandre
Kinfolk

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Cassandre looked at the hilt in her hand and at Xathor. Then she said: oops ! I think that I broke it or maybe fire is the way to destroy it ? I'm not sure...I think we might have to go to Illiaca after all...But if we have to go, we have to talk to Sir Cynan first about the old tales...

View user profile
Xathor
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:10 pm

Good for me.

Écuyer de dame Marylune
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roland du Franc-Sourire
Man at arms
Man at arms

Number of posts : 21
Weapons used : Sword Board, Stabbing and Slashing Staves
Registration date : 2013-09-15

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Having been shocked by the explosion, Roland stared first at the fire then quickly caught up with the reality of what had happened.
"We have to check on our guest - swords are often magically tied to their owners!"

He began to look for the old man in the hopes that he was still all right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cassandre
Kinfolk

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Cassandre and Xathor just had another brillant illumination ! If the light and the heat of the fire were able to destroy the blade, maybe the light of the Lions would be able to help ! Cassandre called a page to ask him to find the keeper of the light: Sir Auguste. She told him to find Sir Cynan as well.

View user profile
Sire Auguste
Knight
Knight

Number of posts : 211
Weapons used : Lance et Flamberge.
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Méditant sur les éléments de l'exorcisme qui ont mal fontionnés Sire Auguste se trouvait mal en point interieurement. L'exasperation quant a elle envahisait son visage devant l'horrible spectacle qu'offrait le medecin du collège royal qui saignée après saignée et sangsue après sangsue tuait a petit feu le pauvre malade.

Puis, résigné et dégouté l'inquisiteur quitte la pièce en disant:

- Au moins j'aurais tenté quelque chose.

Et c'est au moment de son départ que ce dernier se fait intercepter par un page qui l'informe de la situation sur l'épée démoniaque.
Ayant prit acte de tout ceci il rejoignea Cassandre et Sire Xathor.

- On m'a informé que vous pensiez avoir une solution au probleme qui nous interpelle en ce moment au chateau... Je vous recommande de le dire sans plus attendre car le soit disant "medecin" qui le traite va le tuer plus vite que la maladie qui l'assaille!

knock knock

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:39 am

as auguste went into the room where cassandre roland and xathor were pondering on their next actions. they discussed their plans and decided to stop wasting time anymore. the four assembled rised from their chairs and went to the catacombs.

here was where the light was kept during the rest of the year. a room had been carved out of the bedrock in the lowest level of lionshold. the massive oak doors were bolted shut only the keeper of the light had the keys. inside warding prayers plastered the wall to keep demons away. at the center of the room stood a mound of rock on which the light burnt eternal fed from gases coming from below the earth.

auguste did the lenghty process of transfering the light from the pedestal to a candle taking care not to extinguish the light.

once the process done they came back to the old mans room where the doctor was busy changing the dressing on the mans boils. as the lions approached the man the light grew in intensity. soon it was so bright i would hurt to look directly into it.

a strange shadow formed beside the bed of the sick man. it had the shape of a demon. as he saw the shadow auguste shouted.

" by the power of god who is light eternal i banish you demons back to the darkness you came from"

from the old man came a shirek, deep and raspy.

" this is far from over keepers of the light it is but the beggining and now your best weapons is all but spent."

after a final flash thing stettled down. the old man was breathing better and the boils were disapearing but he remained unconscious.

the lions turned towards the light once more to see that the bright flames was no more, nothing was left but a tiny spark of flame.

as the stood there wishing the flame to revive a man came into the room.

" i have come from a logging camp north of here we are all very sick sir darius told us you could help us"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xathor
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:28 am

Incrédule, Xathor se retourna vers l'étranger.

- Serviteur, apporté une couverture et une soupe bien chaude, pour qu'il reprenne des forces.

Xathor, le fit asseoir à une table e lui demanda qu'elle était la source de ce mal et comment allait la recon force de Darius ?

- Cassandre, pourrais-tu montrer un de vos dessin de l'épée et des runes à cette homme.

- Auguste, ça nous prends du backup inquisitorial. Je vais faire venir Jean le Pieux et Daz. Il faut prévenir le lionshold qu'on a affaire à une incursion démoniaque contre la lumière.

- Julius, pointant un autre des nombreux serviteurs de l'ordre, avez-trouvé Sir Cynan et le temps est-il assez clément pour envoyer un message à Darius ?

Écuyer de dame Marylune
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Darius
Knight
Knight

Number of posts : 105
Weapons used : Spear
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:00 pm

"Let's get closer and have a better look at it."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Bear
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:36 pm

Because he had been focusing on the sky and the movements of what he was sure was storm and snow filled clouds, Bear barely heard Sir Darius' order to move in closer to the henge-like structure.

Stretching out his hand as if to warn Darius of impending danger Bear said "Wait Sir Darius, I do not believe it is wise for us all to approach the structure lest we all be taken in by some form of surprise attack or magic. Why not send one of our valorous men-at-arms to scout the structure and report back?" Then motioning to the men-at-arms who were still mounted atop their horses, brows a furrow and in mid discussion, Bear shouted "Brotor, front and center my good man, we have a mission for you!"

When the enemy becomes rideable, there are various opportunities for winning. You must
concentrate on this. When fighting and the enemy's body becomes as if rideable, you can
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sire Brheaultor
Knight
Knight

Number of posts : 72
Weapons used : Swerd and Shold
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:04 pm

"Yo" Brotor replied while dismounting from Assfaggot his fierce grey steed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Bear
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:09 pm

"Brotor. Please scout out the stone structure at the bottom of the crevice and report back once you have completed a thorough inspection. But keep your guard up, we don't know what could be crawling around down there."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
knock knock

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:27 pm

lionshold:

the man was well taken care for by the servants. while he ate he told the story of his encounter with darius s group. as xathor looked outside he saw that the sun had set and a light snow was falling no way a messeger would reach darius now.

a sound caught everyone ear. the old man on the bed was mutering something.

" no they came through! no they came through! no the...."

brotor

brotor made his way to the bottom of the chasm. the facts that there was not more sunlight and snow was falling didn t help. the carried a torch in one hand and his other on the hilt ofnhis sword.

he made a round of the circle and saw that a layer of ashes covered everything inside the circle but not the outside. he then made his way to the stone structure. he open the door and found inside not a rambly shack but a nice little chapel it was very simple a few stone benches and an altar. probably but long ago by people living on the mountain.

has he got out and was about to give the all clear he had a crawly sensation on his scrotum, a sure sign of danger.

a high pitch laugh cut through the crevice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynan
Knight Captain
Knight Captain

Number of posts : 387
Weapons used : sword, sheild, spear, polearm
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Cynan arrives at the gates,  mounted upon his spirited grey courser, following him is a small hunting party made of local huntsmen and a couple men at arms. along with a heavier horse pulling a sled that carries the fruit of their hunt, a pair of wild boar!

Cynan signals the gate keepers and gratefully rides inside, blessing the walls which keep away the biting winter winds. Glad to rest after a long cold hunt his relief is put aside at the sight of a page rushing over to him and carrying rumor of a sick stranger present within bearing a strange sword. Whatever fate this man carries, I know it to be dire enough that may warriors have already set out in response. Alert and serious, Cynan leaves the other men to deal with the meat. He spurs his steed to the doors of the keep. Once there he quickly hands the reins to the nearest servant, and then swiftly dashes towards the  chambers where the man is being treated.

Last edited by Cynan on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sire Auguste
Knight
Knight

Number of posts : 211
Weapons used : Lance et Flamberge.
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Voyant le succes de l'excorcisme avec la Lumière. Sire Auguste retourne dans les catacombes avec plus de chandelles pour les allumées rituellement afin de repousser toutes nouvelles menaces démoniaques...

Xathor
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:10 pm

- By the Unique, your safe Cynan.

Xathor explain all the story to Cynan.

- .... and that why, if you have any information about the old tales of the keeper of the light, it can be very usefull.

Écuyer de dame Marylune
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roland du Franc-Sourire
Man at arms
Man at arms

Number of posts : 21
Weapons used : Sword Board, Stabbing and Slashing Staves
Registration date : 2013-09-15

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Roland began questioning the man gently but insistingly on what he was doing before arriving at Lionshold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynan
Knight Captain
Knight Captain

Number of posts : 387
Weapons used : sword, sheild, spear, polearm
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Cynan looks closely at the man in bed, and his mind draws him back several years, to momentous events in his life that began with a visit during the longest night. His bastard son lost into the realms of shadow, and the gaming duel that pitted teh lion's champion of the light against the demon of shadows.

"You have all heard the tales of yore, of the longest night and of the demon who would seek night forever more. How the demon attacked the first men who held the traditions to keep the endless night away, and how their survivors came to our ancestors in their hour of need, so that we could take up the traditions that they once held. For that is why we keep the hearth fires burning bright through the winter solstice and take a burning brand into the the dark of night when the time comes for the sun to return so that teh sun may find it's way back towards our lands. "

" and yet, it was only a few years ago that the dark one came up to these very halls. Seeking to take from us the our sacred fire on a winter solstice, holding.... my son.... as hostage." Cynan's eyes grow grim and he turns away.

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:14 pm

roland

roland sits down beside the old man and starts talking to him. but unfortunately he doesn t answers. the doctor beside him tells him.

" he is in a deep sleep it woukd be unwise and maybe impossible to try and wake him."

roland then answers " but we heard him talk before when will he wake up?"

" he probably muttered in his sleep maybe he just woke up to warn us there is much we don t know. as to when he will wake up your guess is as good as mine."

auguste

auguste brings back the caddle to the chamber of the eternal flamme. when he opens the door it is not a bright light to welcomes him but a dull glimer.

the Light just like the light in his candle are but a pale form of their usual self. almost not heat emanates from the fire. a small breeze could maybe put it out now. he then tries to light more candles but the fire refuses to catch...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   

Back to top Go down

A knock at the door
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next