Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A knock at the door

Go down 
+10
Sir Bear
Sire Brheaultor
Lady Laikas
Xathor
Cassandre
Guibourg
Roland du Franc-Sourire
Deagon/Julien
Sir Darius
knock knock
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
knock knock

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2014-01-16

A knock at the door - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 12:16 am

lionshold library

the collected lions poured over the bloodsoaked papers. the strange glowing crystal didn t seem to react to the paper. the runes inscribed on the paper were very similar to the ones on the sword.

cassandre having already found the proper dialect allowed for a quick translation.

the map had no names of regions that any lions had heard of and the other paper seemed to be a coresepondance between a certain gwen and bryant. according to it they were married with children and she was taking care of them while the husband was at war. the letters seemed to have been written with care and cherished deeply.

auguste brought back the candle with the light and put it beside the crystal. once all the lights were out they noticed that both glowed with the same lack luster intensity and color.

as for searching the recors for the properties of the light and spells associated with it nothing was found.
Back to top Go down
Roland du Franc-Sourire
Man at arms
Man at arms
Roland du Franc-Sourire

Number of posts : 21
Weapons used : Sword Board, Stabbing and Slashing Staves
Registration date : 2013-09-15

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 12:17 am

Curious as to the scraps of food Xathor found, Roland examined them and put them under the stranger's nose to see if he would react.
Back to top Go down
knock knock

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 5:23 am

roland tries to awaken the old man with food. the techiniqe doesn t seem to work. roland then think well it was worth a shot. hummm i wonder what this food taste like...

he takes a bite out of something that looks like bread. it taste like paper with the texture of bread. he promptly spits it out.
Back to top Go down
knock knock

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:43 pm

expeditionary force

ragnar turned around just in time to point his spear toward his opponent then he was tackled to the ground. the lions in the chapel heard the sound of metal scraping on metal and ragnar screaming in pain.

they rushed to his aid and discovered him battling a mishapen creature. guibourg kicked it solidly in the side and it rolled away. ragnars breast plate was shreded and deep cut crisscrossed his chest.

bear ripped his tabar up and made some bandages to stop the bleeding. ragnar was weak but conscious they had the bring him to a healer fast.

meanwhile brotor went to check on the creature. it was lying on it s back still laughing weakly from one of it s two heads. it was slightly larger than a child and of a deep red color. out of it s chest stuck out the broken shaft of the spear, black ichor oozed out of the wound.

" it doesn t matters brother there will soon be much more of us coming here. brother? why won t you answer me brother? brot...?" the other head finally stood still.

with two of their own incapacitated and the trail ending here the lions mounted their horses and left.

they passed through olegs camp but no one came to greet them. a frozen body on the ground told of the fate of the camp.

it was well into the night when the group that left lionshold came back bloody and tired. they stepped into the castle and had their wounds tended by lady laikas. darius and ragnar were put into their beds and it was decided that everyone needed to go rest. for tomorow held no hopes of being better. it was decided that a meeting would take place in the morning to decide what to do next.

the first two parts of the quest are done anyone interested in continuing or jumping in is welcome to do so as long as they have read the quest so far for the finale.

winter court

a bright day had risen on lionshold, fresh snow covered everything in sight. it would have been beautiful if not tarnished by the events that had unfolded the previous night.

all the lions had gathered in the main hall for breakfast while the people that had left lionshold told of their journey and the ones that stayed explained their troublesome discoveries. everyone was now up to news on all the events.

as the meeting was about to get underway the doctor from the college royale walked in followed by the old man. the man sat down and asked for some food and water and while a servant went to fetch it he told the lions his tale.

" my name is bryant ap cynan. i have meet some of you in my realm a long time ago but for you a few year only passed. together we battled against the force of shadow. a man named deagon after the fight gave me the light he carried so that i could continue the fight against the dark lord.

i am happy to tell you that we have freed many of our people and have created a small haven for ourselves. this is mainly due to the power of the light. but unfortunatly the power is now waining and the forces of darkness are at our door . i have used what little i had left of power to travel here through the steping stones in the hopes that you could help me revive the light. i do not know what has happenned for i remember nothing of since i left my realm. i have heard here that your light is not faring better.

it is possible that through the steping stones we can reach the origins of the light but to do we would need to combine our two lights and travel there."

the assembled lions listened attently to this tale and now a decision was upon them what will they do?
Back to top Go down
Sir Darius
Knight
Knight
Sir Darius

Number of posts : 105
Weapons used : Spear
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Darius came out of his room, a bit after sunrise, and decided to join his comrades in the great hall. They were there, feasting and rejoicing the return of the expeditionary force, listening to the tales of Ragnar's feats. When he saw the old man, presumably Cynan's son, he shouted

"Get away from this demon!"
Back to top Go down
Sir Bear
Knight
Knight
Sir Bear

Number of posts : 374
Weapons used : Things that kill other things
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 6:43 pm

From deep inside his mead filled breakfast mug (which is only a little smaller than his lunch mug, and only twice as small as his dinner mug) Bear understood Darius' presumptuousness. He had also fostered similar suspicions of the old traveler on the journey home. Though he kept them mainly to himself so as not to darken the already bleak mood, seeing Darius so eloquently express what he had been feeling for two nights now, he now felt confident enough in his brainings to speak up.

Rising from his seat Bear said "Although I may normally be the one to speak my mind, and the controversial things that hide inside it, I must be the one (for once) who argues in favor of temperance. I agree with you Sir Darius, that this man, regardless of who he says he is, should not be trusted as easily as has been, especially considering the condition that he arrived in, the sinister weapon he brought with him, and the sickness spreading throughout the surrounding villages - which, surprisingly, is symptomatically identical with that of this stranger. However, I believe that we should ixnay the emons-day talk until more about this man's identity can be uncovered."

Looking around the room, Bear was surprised to see many of the Lions listening intently to what he was saying, he cleared his throat and continued "That being said, I find it suspicious that this man is now requesting that we combine 'our light with his' in order to travel to his realm. I'm not saying its a trap, but it sounds like a trap. I don't like the idea of putting the power of the light at stake in this way. Especially with so much that remains uncertain."

Content in the notion that he had expressed himself directly and clearly, he sat down, promptly drained his mug, requested a refill, and lit his pipe, waiting to hear what others had to say.
Back to top Go down
knock knock

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:11 pm

h.r.p.
this part of the quest will be mostly a debate.
a unanimous decisons about the current problem must be reached by friday the 31of january by 9pm after which it will be taken out of your hands. you may do any actions you deem useful to complete this section of the quest.
Back to top Go down
Ragnar
Squire
Squire
Ragnar

Number of posts : 16
Weapons used : Sword and Shield
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:20 pm

''I agree with Sir Bear and Sir Darius. We should not touch lights with people from the shadow realms... not very sanitary. NO DARK PEOPLE IN LIONSHOLD!... No offense Xath''
Back to top Go down
knock knock

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:17 am

the old man stood up and adressed the room:

" ever since i was old enough to question my origins i have held the virtues of chivalry to hearth and follow in my fathers footsteps. courage, humility, prowess, justice, honor, loyalty, courtesy and nobility those were my ideal.

when finally i meet some of you knightthose were the qualities that came out. you saved me from my enemies. we battle the forces of the dark ones together when some of you fell i carried you back to safety. a deep bond was formed that day one that can only be made by the meeting of beliefs. you trusted me with one of your most prized possesions even though we barely knew each other.

now in our time of need i have come to honor my debt to you and bring back the light. now i see in your eyes doubt in my loyalty to my brothers, doubt in my honor for you think i do not speak the truth, doubt in my courage for i have risked everything coming here, doubt in my prowess for you do not beleive in my rightheousness of my actions.

therefore i courteously and humbly ask that you do find what is just. and help me and help yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Deagon/Julien
Knight
Knight
Deagon/Julien

Number of posts : 205
Weapons used : ANYTHING but adc.
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:54 pm

''Darius, calm down'' said the youngest of the two lieutenant.

''Listen Lions, I met this man a long time ago, in his land that he call the Shadow Realm. At that moment, we were to help him fight against some demon lord that was doing someht..... blablabla....... Sword's clashing...... Cynan's son is bad ass..... blablablabalbala..... vainquish the demon lord...... wraith getting owned by the might of the Lions...... blablablablablala...........................................

And this is how I met Elya.

To sum it up, I gave him my light to help him fight the demon, and today I am willing to do the same thing.''

Deagon walks up to the old man and take his hand.

'' You may not look like the Cynan's son I met back there, but I still feel that it is you. Know that I will do anything to help the son of one of my Knight captain.''
Back to top Go down
Cynan
Knight Captain
Knight Captain
Cynan

Number of posts : 387
Weapons used : sword, sheild, spear, polearm
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:23 pm

Cynan walks over as well "Nor would I lightly turn away a desperate plea made by one who seems to be my only son. Whatever is decided, I can not dictate what is done with the light, as I no longer hold office as captain, nor am I the guardian of the light, whose voice should soon be heard. But I for one will do all in my power to fight the shadow realm and help my natural born son. It my be reckless, but my die has been cast."
Back to top Go down
Sir Darius
Knight
Knight
Sir Darius

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:35 pm

"Why trust him blindly? What proof did he bring, what makes you so sure he is indeed who he says he is, and not a demon? We followed his footsteps and ran into an ambush. He brought disaster and death in his wake. Sir Cynan, your judgement seems clouded by the hope of seeing your son again... Sir Deagon, your heart is too kind and also a bit naive!"
Back to top Go down
Sire Auguste
Knight
Knight
Sire Auguste

Number of posts : 211
Weapons used : Lance et Flamberge.
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:53 pm

L'inquisiteur ayant prit le restant de Lumiere qu'il reste dans une lampe la présente aux Lions qui sont réunit.

- Voyez se qu'il nous reste... Nous n'avons pas suffisament de Lumiere pour combattre les afflictions du peuple et les démons. Peu importe ce qu'il y a comme danger au Chateau, nous ne pourons tenir bien longtemps ...

Il s'adresse donc au vieil homme qui semble etre le batard de Sire Cynan.

- Si cela est donc vrai que tu soit celui que nous pensons que tu soit, tu devrait nous informer sur la façon de raviver la Lumiere. Alors je t'écoute

L'oeil gauche de Sire Auguste semblait légerement briller d'une flamme et pointa du doigt:

- Si tu ose mentir, de gré ou de force tu parlera! J'ai un Raque, une Grand Roue et autres instruments qui délie les langues!
Back to top Go down
knock knock

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 5:55 am

the old man looked at the keeper of the light and said:

" i come from a realm of darkness. you live in a realm that has both light and dark. therefore i beleive that there must be a realm of light and it is from this place that the Light must originate. the steeping stones can be a brigde between our two worlds maybe from here they can reach the source of the light.

the light i have with me is now too weak to create such a gateway but combined with your we may have enough strenght to do such a feat."
Back to top Go down
Roland du Franc-Sourire
Man at arms
Man at arms
Roland du Franc-Sourire

Number of posts : 21
Weapons used : Sword Board, Stabbing and Slashing Staves
Registration date : 2013-09-15

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 7:17 am

Roland looked somberly at the people gathered in the room.
"So you are saying that we have the choice of facing darkness with a weakened light, or of using up what remains of our light to acquire more.

I believe that the only real question here is whether we take on the demons in our weakened state or if we go acquire a stronger light.
- But wait, is intruding in the realm of light not treading within the domain of Gods?

Is there not a punishment for going there without the invitation of beings which reside in such an Agarthan place?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Darius
Knight
Knight
Sir Darius

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 1:54 pm

"Realm of the light? How come is the first time we hear of this? The light we held for so many years in Lionshold came from the shadowworld itself, not some imaginary realm we never knew about. It is in Lion's nature to undoubtfully trust and help those in need, but my guts tell me to beware. Bad omens happened since that man came, and more are to come. The blood demon said he would come back..."
Back to top Go down
knock knock

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 1:58 pm

the old man said

" it is a good question mister roland but i do not know the answer. but i know this if we do nothing then we don t stand a chance against the oncoming onslaught."
Back to top Go down
Sir Darius
Knight
Knight
Sir Darius

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Sir Darius drew his knife from his belt.

"Are you threatening us?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Bear
Knight
Knight
Sir Bear

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 12:16 am

As Darius drew his knife and threatened the stranger, Bear, caught between his pipe and his mug, cocked and eyebrow and thought to himself Wow, this escalated quickly....
Back to top Go down
knock knock

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 2:03 am

the old man snatched the knife from darius hand faster than anyone could see. he then threw it across the room where it embeded itself in a wooden post.

he then said:

"young man you shouldn t pull weapons on people like that, especially if you don t know what they ve been through. and that s without saying it s a big breach of hospitality."
Back to top Go down
Sir Darius
Knight
Knight
Sir Darius

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:21 am

"Sir Bear, arrest this man!"
Back to top Go down
Deagon/Julien
Knight
Knight
Deagon/Julien

Number of posts : 205
Weapons used : ANYTHING but adc.
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 12:48 pm

''Wowowowowow calm down boys'' says Deagon

''I'm the police officer around here and no one here needs to be arrested. We just need to try and learn as much as we can from this old man, Darius. Putting him behind bars would'nt really help us at all. And he has a point, your hospitality isn't really great right now. He didn't threatened anybody so let's just settle down a bit and talk this one out.''
Back to top Go down
Sir Bear
Knight
Knight
Sir Bear

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 1:47 pm

Bear having risen from his seat while the ruckus was taking place, decided that it was now time to break his silence. "Sir Darius, while I by no means wish to disrespect your authority, nor do I wish to avoid executing a direct order, but I must reveal that which the heart in my chest believes to be true. Though I do agree with Sir Deagon that we should attempt to resolve this through civil discussion, I do understand that you only mean to protect Lionshold from having to experience the same horrors that the surrounding villages as well as those of us who were part of the expeditionary force had too."

Placing his hand on his friend's shoulder hoping to calm him down Bear continued "I would say that we should continue questioning the stranger until such time as we come to a consensus as to what to do with him and this whole damned situation. I would avoid taking any rash actions at this time considering what we have had to deal with, and what may yet still be too come. We should approach this as logically and rationally as we can, while we can."

Turning to the stranger, and staring into his eyes with deadly seriousness, Bear said then, "And you, Sir, are not in a position to question our 'hospitality', nor to question how we Lions conduct our business. Remember that you are not an invited guest here, we took pity on you and healed your wounds, only to find demons of shadow and rampant disease in your wake, and then to have you demand that we merge our light with yours and travel to a mysterious realm of shadows form whence they come. What you have 'been through'? I felt my life blood ebb from open wounds these past two days while attempting to find the answers and provide you further aid, and all I got for my trouble were nearly fatal injuries. Mind your tongue and keep your hands to yourself until this matter is settled, lest I find my blade's sheath in your stomach."

With that Bear turned away form the man, retrieved Darius' dagger (and his pipe), returned it to him, and remained at his side, puffing away.
Back to top Go down
Sir Darius
Knight
Knight
Sir Darius

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 2:52 pm

A strange grin appeared on Darius' face.

"Ha! Sir Bear, I admire your courage, but in the end the result will be the same. I've managed to stall you long enough! My brothers are on their way... Lionshold will fall!"
Back to top Go down
Sir Bear
Knight
Knight
Sir Bear

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:26 pm

As the metaphorical curtain of simultaneous betrayal and realization draped itself over Bear's head (for one of the demons had clearly possessed Darius in his weakened and exhausted state and manipulated events in his favour), he felt his heart and soul fill with shame and despair. In my attempt to protect those I care for more than anything in the world, all I succeeded in doing was bringing destruction closer to our doorstep....

But, many who know of the ways of Bear Blackspear knew that it was not long before these feelings of failure were replaced by the most intense of fiery rages, and they slowly began to give Bear room to breathe. Whispering a sincere apology to his long time friend Darius, whose fate was now more uncertain than ever, Bear turned suddenly and with a guttural roar that could only have come from the depths of his being, he punched Sir Darius bone-crunchingly hard in the face, and tackled him to the ground.

Sitting atop his friend's chest and seeming to attempt to repeatedly punch the evil out Bear cried "BEGONE FROM MY FRIEND, FOUL DEMON! I KNOW THAT IT IS NOT HIM THAT SPEAKS THESE WORDS OF BETRAYAL AND PROPHESIES OUR DOOM!" The last bits of anger fading and being replaced by compassion for the distress of his friend Bear turns to the crowd of onlooking Lions and says more quietly "Lady Laikas, Sir Auguste, please help me! I require the aid of those with the power of the light to banish this dark presence from our noble fallen comrade..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A knock at the door   A knock at the door - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A knock at the door
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Guard's gate-
Jump to: